edding compact printer (TIJ)
Elried develops together with the edding AG the highly innovative series of compact printers. These are based without exception on the superior Thermal Inkjet or TIJ technology and are characterized in particular by high reliability and ease of use.
What are the advantages of Thermal Inkjet?
- Very high reliability, no downtime
- Easy to use, requires no training
- Extensive integration options – Industry 4.0
What do thermal inkjet printers print on?
- Printing on almost all surfaces: Plastics, metal, glass, cardboard, wood, etc.
- Ink type and color can be changed with one click
- Maximum print quality of logos, barcodes, 2D codes & texts
- Unique decap time of over 72 hours for solvent inks
How does a cartridge system / thermal inkjet work?
Thermal Inkjet, colloquially often called “cartridge system”, is a technology that goes back to the HP DeskJet printing systems. Here, the ink and print head are located in a common housing, the cartridge. The technology is now called Thermal Inkjet (TIJ), as printing is produced by heating the ink in the print head to a high temperature for a short time. Heating causes the ink to fire out of the print head, creating a print on the product. The systems are maintenance-free and easy to operate. In the past, they were used more in simple tasks. With its edding compact printers, edding/Elried in particular has brought this technology into the realm of high-performance industrial printing through extensive R&D.