Cartridge systems without maintenance (TIJ)
Thermal Inkjet or TIJ refers to printing systems that work with ink cartridges. These are characterized in particular by high reliability and ease of use. Together with edding AG, Elried is developing the highly innovative compact printer series.
What are the advantages of Thermal Inkjet?
- Very high reliability, no downtime
- Easy to use, requires no training
- Extensive integration options – Industry 4.0
What do thermal inkjet printers print on?
- Printing on almost all surfaces: Plastics, metal, glass, cardboard, wood, etc.
- Ink type and color can be changed with one click
- Maximum print quality of logos, barcodes, 2D codes & texts
How does a cartridge system / thermal inkjet work?
Thermal Inkjet, colloquially often called “cartridge system”, is a technology that goes back to the HP DeskJet printing systems. Here, the ink and print head are located in a common housing, the cartridge. The technology is now called Thermal Inkjet (TIJ), as printing is produced by heating the ink in the print head to a high temperature for a short time. Heating causes the ink to fire out of the print head, creating a print on the product. The systems are maintenance-free and easy to operate. In the past, they were used more in simple tasks. edding/Elried in particular has also brought this technology to industrial high-performance printing through extensive further developments.